A few words about the product
Schneider hybrid inverter XW PRO 8548 120/240V
Flexible home backup and off-grid power
The XW Pro hybrid inverter provides energy security for residential, small commercial and off-grid applications. With high power ratings and 2X surge capability, the XW Pro is reliable for backup power operation and off-grid loads. In addition, broad battery compatibility provides flexibility in system design. It can be used for solar and storage or backup power systems without solar.
DC-Coupled multi-unit systems with the XW Pro are now eligible for net-metering.
Starting Air Compressors and Pumps – That’s XW Pro
The significant advantages of the XW Pro design include a robust transformer as part of an isolated inverter design. The toroidal transformer provides industry-best surge capability with a high overload rating (2x power). It also has quieter operation, superior temperature range, and better efficiency than other types of transformers. As a result, the XW Pro can start heavy-duty tools such as air compressors, water pumps, sump pumps, air conditioners, and motor loads. It can also run multiple appliances on a single leg.
- 6.8 kW continuous power
- 8.5 kW power for 30 minutes
- 12 kW power for 1 minute
The XW Pro features a dual-chamber design. For improved thermal management and reliability, sensitive electronics are separated from heat-generating components such as a transformer and power bridge/heat sink. This allows effective heat and airflow management, protecting electronics from dust and resulting in long-term durability.
We provide durable solutions that can handle electrical loads others can’t. Large fleet of our inverters are still running after 15+ years in the field.
Rigorous Reliability Testing
The XW Pro has passed Schneider Electric’s rigorous reliability testing processes such as Multiple Environmental Over-Stress Tests (MEOST), using a HALT chamber.
- Cold Step Stress: -35°C (-31°F)
- Hot Step Stress: +100°C (212°F)
- Rapid Thermal: -35°C to 100°C
Hub of The System
The XW Pro works seamlessly with other solar products, including the Conext MPPT charge controllers, connecting solar, battery, generator, and grid all to one inverter as the hub of the system.
Adaptable and scalable, the Schneider Electric XW Pro hybrid inverter provides the one solution you need for solar with storage, backup power, self-consumption, and off-grid power for homes, small businesses, and remote communities.
Designed to the highest standards of reliability and quality, the XW Pro can meet your needs for any number of residential, commercial, and industrial applications.
Built on the reliable XW platform, XW Pro is the evolution of a time-tested, high-quality hybrid storage inverter with a large global install base.
Why Choose XW Pro 120/240 V
Backup power performance
- Reliable operation of backup power and off-grid loads with a high overload power rating (2x)
- Seamless transition to backup power with an integrated high-speed transfer switch
- Grid and Generator input port
- Field proven product quality and reliability
- 120/240 V output with stacking capability up to 4 units
- Configurable for 120 V output for 3 phase systems
- Integrates with Conext™ MPPT charge controllers as well as grid-tied PV inverters for DC-coupled or AC-coupled systems
- Lithium-Ion battery integration and flexible battery capacity
- Grid-tied capability, Rule 21, HECO Rule 14H and PREPA compliant
Full off-grid capability
Easy to install
- Configures quickly using Insight Energy Management
- AC Out port for backup loads
- Full ecosystem and accessories for single unit or scalable systems
- Install with the optional Backup Control Switch for larger systems requiring up to 200 A rated MID or service entrance installation
Smart energy management
- Optimize energy consumption for time of use rates or demand charges
- Self-consumption of solar energy
Compatible with Insight
- Remote monitoring & control with advanced data security
- Web and mobile app
- Multi-site management for installers